Fried Zucchini Blossoms!
1 dozen zucchini blossoms
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup water
1.Fill a large, heavy pot with an inch or two of oil, and place over medium-high heat.
2.Meanwhile, mix the flour and water with a fork until it resembles sour cream.
3.To check if the oil is ready, drop a tiny bit of the batter into the oil, if it rises to the surface and sizzles quickly, it’s ready.
4. Dip the blossoms one at a time in the batter, shaking out excess, before dropping them into the hot oil.
5. Fry for about two minutes on each side, or until golden.
6.Remove to a plate lined with paper towels, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Serve immediately, preferably outdoors.
Kale and Garlic Scape Pesto
2 garlic scapes
2 cups chopped kale
2 tbsp parmesan cheese
1 tbsp chopped almonds
salt to taste
1. Place roughly chopped garlic scape in food processor, process until finely chopped. I only have a mini food processor and this pesto was easy to make in it.
2. Add roughly chopped kale, in small batches…process until finely chopped.
3. Add parmesan cheese, almonds and salt…process until finely chopped.
4. Add olive oil…this is where personal taste comes into play…if you like a loose pesto, add more oil – if you like a tight pesto, add less oil.
Pesto can be stored in an air tight jar for up to one week. Pesto can also be easily frozen in an ice cube tray, to defrost just pop it into warm pasta or soups.
This recipe was found on Kitchen Chronicles.