Strawberry Spinach Salad
1/3 cup sugar
3/4 cup slivered or sliced almonds
1 pound fresh strawberries, sliced
2 bags fresh spinach
Saute the sugar and almonds in a medium hot non-stick skillet till sugar melts and almonds turn golden brown. If you need to, you can add a few drops of water. Stir constantly and watch closely, they can burn fast once the sugar starts to melt! Cool completely.
Serve spinach salad with sliced strawberries, candied almonds, and strawberry dressing.
1/4 cup vinegar
1/2 cup oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup strawberry jam
1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp poppy seeds
Whisk all ingredients together till sugar is dissolved. Serve over the spinach salad.
Strawberry Kale Salad
2 cups of Kale
1/3 cup of walnuts
1/2 of cut strawberries
1/3 cup of dried plums
1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar
1. Start with the fresh kale. Wash it, and put it into a bowl. Super simple.
2. Add the cut strawberries. How beautiful is that?
3. Throw in the walnuts. As many as you like.
4. Cut the dried plumps into fours.
5. Drizzle the balsamic vinegar on top, and enjoy with a piece of whole wheat toast.
There you have it, your perfect anytime meal. Feel free to add any other ingredients (as long as they are healthy!)